The Golden Globes

While I wait for Vikki's breakdown of what went on at the Golden Globes last night, I'll let you know my favorite parts:

Hugh Laurie's acceptance speech was great. I love his brand of humor, starting off with "I am speechless, no, really I am literally without a speech." Following that line up with thanking the shows wonderful crew, he realized that sounded a bit cliche. Then he said "Logically, all the crews can't be good, somebody, somewhere is working with a crew of drunken thieves, but not me. They smell of newly mown grass."

America Ferrera was a bit of a breath of fresh air, not only for the role she plays, but for her seemingly honest humility at receiving the award. Nice speech also where she mentioned she hears every day from girls inspired by her character, Betty Suarez, saying it "truly brings a new face to television.

Comments

  1. Here is the biggest difference between me and my sister: I didn't even know the Golden Globes were on, much less watch them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photo Challenge, Day 8. The final day.

Handicapped Assessable