Ink Dry For Me Argentina


OK, so I stole that blog title from this article in WIRED magazine yesterday. How many of you knew that yesterday was the anniversary of the ballpoint pen? Raise your hands, come on, how about you in the back?

OK, so it's not up there with fire and the wheel, but this is a pretty interesting piece of reading, and I love the part about how people lined up to buy 8000 of them on the first day. And, they sold for 12.50, which is about 150 bucks in todays money.

Too bad nobody thought to call it an iPen back then, they could have owned Apple...

Comments

  1. I wonder if the same people who bought a ballpoint for $150 are the same folken who bought "Ghost" with Demi Moore and Pat Sway-zee for $120 when IT came out, and did they, too, kick themselves in the ass??

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one of the best inventions that we take for granted.

    I heart ball point pens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like ball point pens too....not so much the gel pens... they clog up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it harder to catch a virus from and iBic Than a regular ballpoint pen. I think a multimillion dollar government study is in order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:53 AM

    i had no idea. hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE my ballpoint pen. $150...maybe not THAT much, but it's certainly up there in the items that I use everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:44 PM

    that was a very interesting and educational post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a hall pass when you asked for a show of hands, but no - I still didn't know about the big anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know and I will write my shame out 200 times as penance. With a pencil.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photo Challenge, Day 8. The final day.

Handicapped Assessable