We think we have come so far

I was recently forwarded an article from The Orange County Register about a 17 year old boy who was removed from his home after a teacher complained and social workers intervened who had never even met the boy, and placed him into a state run institution.

My God, I thought we had gone past these days as a society, but I am hearing more stories like this about the lack of inclusive education, and a greater tendency to revert to the old methods of institutionalizing peple with special needs. I am just a bit sick after reading this, I will let you decide for yourself.

Go here for the complete story.

Comments

  1. Where was abuse sited? I did not find it in the article. This is a very sad event. Makes me heart sick to know that something like this is still happening. Where is the civil liberty lawyers when you need one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Where is the civil liberty lawyers when you need one?" In another line of business, most likely.

    Civil liberties no longer exist, they are apparently granted and removed at our governments whim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:13 PM

    Just sickening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh...so we are a facist country...I was wondering.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photo Challenge, Day 8. The final day.

Handicapped Assessable