There is no end to my giving

As I walked down the busy footpath, knowing I was late for an important meeting, my eye fell upon one of those unfortunate, homeless vagabonds that are found in every city these days.

Wearing what can only be describes as rags, carrying every worldly possession in two plastic bags, my heart was touched by this persons condition.

Some people turned to stare. Others quickly looked away as if the sight would somehow contaminate them.

Recalling some long ago Sunday School admonition to "care for the sick, feed the hungry and clothe the naked," I was moved by some powerful inner urge to reach out to this unfortunate person.

Yes, where some people saw only rags, I saw a hidden beauty. A small voice inside my head called out, "Reach out, reach out!"













The doctor told me that with enough time and the proper physical therapy I may regain the full use of my arm and hand!

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:23 AM

    You are such a giver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why even bother with clothes at that point?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also got in trouble loving my neighbor as myself, because I spend a loooot of time loving myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the sacrifices you make for humanity. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was good of you to try and help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goddamnit, Gump! Ain't that just th' way? You try to do the right thing and help, and what do you get for your humanitarianism?? Sheeeit.

    I wonder if she was a terrorist??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you even know that you're my hero?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all, I try and help out my fellow women wherever I can. Fellow man, well that's a different thing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we all need to lend a hand...or two.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photo Challenge, Day 8. The final day.

Handicapped Assessable