The Holiday Tag

New reader of mine and awesome love letter writer Cora has tagged me with a Holiday Meme.

Here is the skinny:

1. link to the person who tagged you
2. post the rules on your blog
3. list 6 random HOLIDAY things about yourself
4. tag and link 7 people at the end of your post
5. let each person know they have been tagged
6. let the tagger know when your entry is up

Six random holiday things are:

1. I used to belong to a couple of different singing groups and miss going out and singing for various charities and such. From "The what's their name anyway singers" to "The last note singers", we always had strange names! But our Christmas concert was pretty damn good.

2. My most favorite Christmas moment from TV was West Wing Christmas when Tobie arranged for an honor guard for a homeless vet. I am working up a post about it, so nobody steal my idea!!

3. The best Christmas gift I ever got was a huge dump truck called Big Bruiser and it was battery operated and everything!!! (do I sound like the guys in those car commercials getting a car with a big bow on it?)

4. My least favorite holiday is 4th of July. Ever since I have had dogs, it is just one long nightmare for the poor 4 legged creatures.

5. My favorite holiday concert was the first time I ever saw Mannheim Steamroller live. It was so cool, just the 4 of them, they were just getting started. They each play so many different instruments they play a live concert to a recorded playback of their songs. They have earpieces in and digital metronomes (sp?) that keep them in sync with each other.

6. Ever since we lost our mom and dad, my sister and I usually just do lunch or something like that instead of a huge dinner and big deal for holidays. It just isn't the same without them around.

I never go and tag people anymore Cora, I just invite whoever wants to join in. Thanks a lot!

Comments

  1. I like that you don't tag people. That's been my style lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I know I almost didn't tag anyone either. But then I remembered that the last time I did that, certain people cried foul and called me a (gasp! horror!) "cheater". So, thus, I tagged. But I tagged those I knew would come up with interesting stuff, so it was more out of my curious nosiness than anything else. And, Sky Dad, you did not let me down: a singer, huh?! Who knew! I'm most impressed, as I couldn't hit a note with a damn bus. :-) Thank you for playing along!!

    And I know what you mean about the 4th of July. Poor pups - you can't warn them or comfort them, they just think the world is coming to an end and all we can do is drug them up and lock them away in a room somewhere. It just doesn't seem right.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photo Challenge, Day 8. The final day.

Handicapped Assessable

Goodbye old friend. Hootie: 1997-2009