Some Guy just tagged me!



Chris over at Some Guys Blog tagged me with this:

TO DO: List 5 things you do, did or like that some may consider “totally lame,” but that you are totally proud of. Tag 5 others:

Well Chris, "totally proud of" probably isn't the first descriptive phrase I can think of, but "totally lame" works quite well! So away we go...

1. First thing that comes to mind is my taste in music. I like some pretty off the wall stuff, such as Acapella groups, big choral groups, Big Band jazz, and grew up on folk tunes when the rest of my buddies were rocking out. It always kind of set me apart from the rest of the crowd.

2. Growing up in the mountains of Colorado, hunting was a part of life there. I tried it once, and didn't have the heart to kill a deer. My friends gave me a lot of shit, you can imagine the whole routine... But you know what, I don't mind having too big of a heart to hurt an animal. Now, another human being, especially parking illegally in the handicapped spot, well that's another story.

3. I have been in a couple of different music groups. The first was in High School, singing with a group a teacher started doing folksy tunes for benefits. Later on that same teacher asked me to join some of those old members in doing the same thing for shows around town, and more importantly, the kids up at the easter Seals camp outside of Idaho Springs where I grew up. I really liked it, got a lot out of it, but caught some crap from a lot of my rocker friends.

Then just before we had Skyler, I spent a couple of years in a large Acapella group doing tunes for Christmas and a summer tour around different events in the Denver area.

4. I have no fashion sense, nor have I ever had any fashion sense. Growing up I wore Levis and T-shirts in the summer, Levis and Flannel shirts in the winter. I detest getting dressed up, and since I have not had a job where I had to wear a suit/tie for quite some time, I don't have either. I dress to keep warm and comfy, that's my only requirement. Someday I will have to attend another funeral or wedding and be in big trouble. Most of you are probably unaware I used to work with GetKristiLove, we were cube mates. She always looks like a million bucks, and to her credit never gave me much grief. I am not totally proud of this, but when you look like me you can pull off crazy homeless really well!

5. Last but certainly not least is my propensity for tears. I have always cried very easily, and my emotions run close to the surface all the time. Show me a sad movie, and away I go. Hell, all it usually takes is a sappy commercial! But you know what? I am really OK with this. I say let it out and it doesn't build up inside and come out as hate or evil. I was really only called on it once in the Navy, when another guy in our division didn't think I was quite a man. Being a guy, and being in the Military, it had to come to blows. That I am not proud of, but I kicked his ass...

Comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear you worked with GetKristiLove. That must have been a very difficult time in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:31 PM

    Good for you for admitting to crying. And I like that it doesn't apply to illegal parking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:01 PM

    You like a capella? Do you know The Persuasions? I used to listen to them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what, Skyler's Dad? I really like just how lame you are and just how willing you are to admit it. Carry on. And keep up the good work. :)

    Oh, and you're so right about killing a mis-parked person in a handicapped spot in a parking lot over killing an innocent deer. If the deer did the same thing parking lot faux pas, I'd want to knock him off too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, am a big crier, in a John Hughes sort of way.

    I also extend my sympathies for your trials during the GkL years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all these things about you cubie. Well, except for #4 of course, but at least you got rid of the fanny pack - that's a huge step in the right direction. Now, let's get some dark, tighter, slightly flared jeans on your skinny ass!

    Now if you'll excuse me, I have a couple blogs I must go snark at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lameness is actually quite interesting. I envy your singing ability.

    BTW, I'm working on this meme right now, and I had you for one of my tapped five. Off to pick someone else ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grant: There are good scars and bad scars, she leaves the good kind.

    Suzel: Thanks for stopping by, and you made me cry.

    Kirby: I have not heard them. My current favorite is a local group called the Nylons.

    Zed: Deer would never park illegally in a handicapped spot. They are smarter than humans.

    EG: Who can forget his work in Home Alone 4?

    GKL: My loose fit Levi's don't do it for you? I will be looking around now for your snarkyness.

    Beth: Pick me for a different one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you like Acapella, try Sweet Honey and the Rock.

    You rule.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Honey is a good call Flannery, I love choirs and gospel not that you asked. Finally, someone else who cries at commercials and can kick ass too. Okay, I can't kick ass but...

    ReplyDelete
  11. #2

    =)

    I'm glad you didnt kill bambi!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photo Challenge, Day 8. The final day.

Handicapped Assessable